STAR-SKYWORLD CSR DRIVE TO UPLIFT THE COMMUNITY
For a good cause: Datuk Seri Wong (left) and Datuk Ng (right)Star Media Group continues to take its efforts in corporate social responsibility to new heights with its latest initiative, #DaretoCare. This innovative #DaretoCare campaign was created in hopes of boosting public awareness on the growing needs of underprivileged homes in the Klang Valley while encouraging fellow Malaysians and the public to lend a helping hand through a simple of act of donating.
“This campaign is one that matters greatly in this time and age when most companies are dialling down on spending for CSR projects because of the economic downturn. Instead of doing the same, we choose to do the opposite. There is no mistake in the timing of this campaign – it is more blessed to give than to receive, especially when Christmas is just around the corner,” Datuk Seri Wong Chun Wai, CEO and Group MD of Star Media Group said.
Datuk Ng Thien Phing, Founder and Group MD of SkyWorld Development Group shared, “A big part of our job, as a KL-centric city developer is to provide the ultimate Sky Living experience in a sustainable and wholesome environment. Since the inception of SkyWorld, we have gone through buoyant transformation progress. We want to live by our motto of transforming the city and what better way than to collaborate with The Star, in our aim to transform the lives of the underprivileged society. We hope this charity drive will inspire everyone to give what they can to help – it doesn’t matter if it's big or small.”
Mechanics: Step by Step
The #DaretoCare campaign will see the distribution of 50,000 Star newspapers, enveloped in eye-catching collectable brown paper bags, in selected areas within the Klang Valley on 17th December 2017 (first batch) and 13th January 2018 (second batch).
Donors are encouraged to fill the brown bags with items from the suggested DO’S LIST below, which are needed by the underprivileged homes. Donors can even leave heartfelt messages written on the bag just to brighten their day! We’d appreciate if you could refrain from donating items not required, please. Refer DON’TS LIST.
For those who wish to donate but did not receive the paper bag can bring along your donation items to any of our SkyWorld property galleries, request for the paper bag from our SkyWorld personnel, drop your donation items into the bag and hand it back to us.
DO’S - Suggested donation itemsHousehold & Personal Care Items
- Laundry detergent
- Dishwashing liquid
- Floor detergent
- Washroom detergent
- Bleach (Clorox)
- Body powder
- Hair gel
- Shoe whitener
- Diapers (XL, XXL)
- Insect repellent
- Sanitary pad
- *new clothing, shoes & school uniform
- Milk powder
- Instant noodles
- Rice vermicelli (Bihun)
- Canned food
- Cooking oil
- Correction tape/pen
- Book wrap
- Water colour
- Colour pencil
- A4 paper
- A4 colour paper
- Stapler & bullet
- Cellophane tape
- Scrap book
- Note book
- Test pad
- White envelope
- Art block
- Mechanical pencil 0.5/0.7
DON’TS - Items not requiredHousehold & Personal Care Items
- No used undergarments for hygiene purposes
- No household chemical products (pesticides, paint, paint thinner, drain cleaner, oven cleaner, aerosols)
- No other environmentally-unfriendly waste and flammable products.
- No automotive parts or hazardous waste (tires, lead acid batteries, additives, gasoline, oils, etc).
- No large appliances (refrigerators, freezers, stoves/ovens, washers/dryers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, microwaves, trash compactors, water heaters, large console stereos, etc).
- No perishable food items
- No damaged furniture
- No mattresses/box springs
- No carpet or carpet padding
- No plumbing fixtures or building materials
- No traditional recyclables (glass, newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, magazines, junk mail, etc).
- No infant products that do not meet the current safety standards and recalled items (cribs, car seats, walkers, etc).
- No books or magazines with adult, religious or violent themes.
- No broken housewares (dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances)
Donors to drop off the paper bags off at either one of the four SkyWorld property galleries from 18th December 2017 to 15th February 2018. Please note that we are closed every Tuesday and our operation hours are from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- SkyWorld Gallery @ Sentul Lot 9924, Jalan Sentul Bahagia 2, Kampung Puah Seberang, 51000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: 03 4031 6768
- SkyWorld Gallery @ Setiawangsa Kompleks MSN Taman Keramat (Majlis Sukan Negara Malaysia) Jalan 37/56, Taman Keramat, 54200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: 03 4251 0393
- SkyWorld Gallery @ Bukit Jalil Jalan Jalil Perkasa 4, 57000 Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Tel: 03 8082 2992
- SkyWorld Gallery @ Setapak Lot 17899, SkyArena, Jalan Ayer Jerneh, 53200 Setapak, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Tel: 03 4031 2999
SkyWorld personnel to accept the paper bags, record the name and contact of the donor.
To reward the donors, SkyWorld will give away two (2) GSC complimentary movie tickets when:
- Donors take a selfie with our #DaretoCare prop placed at each sales gallery
- Post their photos on SkyWorld Facebook / Instagram with our hashtag #DaretoCare
- Follow us on our SkyWorld Development Facebook. Please print screen the proof and WhatsApp to 016-213 2758.
- GSC e-tickets will be provided later via email or mobile.
Your valuable donations will be distributed to the selected homes within the Klang Valley and we will announce to the public soon after.