MILESTONES & GROWTH ROADMAP
- 1997 to 2000
NTP World Forum was founded in 1997 as a corporate training provider. Within a span of just three years, it had become the largest and one of the best in the country with clients such as Petronas, Matsushita, Hitachi, Suria KLCC, Sapura Holdings, and Bank Negara Malaysia. Its Founder, Datuk Ng Thien Phing, is a savvy entrepreneur with diversified business interests in training and education, IT rental and solutions and property development.
Datuk Ng embarked on the property development business by establishing NTP World Development Sdn Bhd (a subsidiary of NTP World Group).
- 2008 to 2013
2008 to 2013
NTP World was involved in a series of corporate exercises such as setting up the management team, laying its talent pool foundation, as well as actively exploring and acquiring quality land banks at strategic locations in Kuala Lumpur City.
In 2011, NTP World acquired a 40-acre site in Setapak which was to become SkyArena and SkySanctuary.
Between 2012 and 2013, a further 13 acres of quality land bank in Kuala Lumpur City was acquired.
- 2013 to 2014
End 2013 to 2014
NTP World Development rebranded itself as SkyWorld Development Group to better reflect its new vision, mission and core business of providing the ultimate Sky Living experience in a sustainable environment within the city centre. As a direct result, all developments by SkyWorld started carrying the prefix “Sky” in their respective names, and reflect the company’s three brand pillars (SkyWorld Strengths) to reinforce the SkyWorld master brand.
The SkyWorld Strengths are:
1. Value Creation
2. Sky Living Experience
In line with its rebranding exercise, SkyWorld then introduced its first master development – the 28-acre SkyArena development in Setapak. SkyArena is an integrated city development boasting the first multi-storey sports complex in Setapak which will be set in a 2-acre lush environment. Phase 1 of SkyArena, called Ascenda Residences, achieved an exceptional 95% take-up.
Following the successful launch of Ascenda residences, Phase 1 of SkyArena integrated development in Setapak, SkyWorld launched the second phase called Bennington Residences which recorded an impressive 91% take-up (Tower B).
The same year also saw the launch of SkyAwani in Sentul, a SkyWorld CSR initiative as well as the affordable homes series that is in compliance with the Malaysian Government’s affordable housing programme known as ‘Rumah Mampu Milik Wilayah Persekutuan (RUMAWIP). SkyAwani recorded a sensational 100% take-up.
For the financial year ended March 2015, SkyWorld recorded a revenue of RM64.9 million with profit after tax of RM8.2 million.
For the financial year ended March 2016, SkyWorld doubled its revenue to RM149.6 million with profit after tax of RM11.7 million. Total property sales for the financial year ended March 2016 is RM525.7 million.
On September 2016, SkyWorld celebrated two milestones:
1. Hosted a successful first topping off ceremony to commemorate the early construction of Ascenda Residences @ SkyArena. Ascenda Residences will be completed three months ahead of schedule.
2. Together with Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL), SkyWorld announced major upgrading infrastructure works to and from SkyArena, including the new 1-km direct flyover from Jalan Genting Kelang to SkyArena and the 100-feet road widening along the 2-km Jalan Ayer Jernih in front of SkyArena. SkyWorld contributed RM30 million for part of these upgrading initiatives.
Three projects launched in FY2016/17 totalling an estimated Gross Development Value (GDV) of RM900 million:
1. SkyLuxe On The Park @ Bukit Jalil was launched in September 2016. It recorded an impressive 80% take-up.
2. Following the successful launch of Phase 1 – Ascenda Residences and Phase 2 – Bennington Residences (Tower B) of SkyArena, SkyWorld launched the remaining block, Tower A of Bennington Residences on November 2016.
3. SkyAwani 2 @ Off Jalan Ipoh, Sentul was open for unit selection on December 2016. It recorded an impressive 100% take-up in 3 hours!
Strong position of strength as it continues to unlock the value of its quality landbank :
1. Grown the SkyWorld talent pool from 53 employees in 2015 to 120 in 2016.
2. As at March 2016, unbilled sales were a record high at RM632 million.
3. Growing from strength to strength, SkyWorld is set to amass over 100 acres of strategic land banks across Kuala Lumpur City, with an estimated GDV of RM10 billion.
- TRANFORMATION IN PROGRESS